GUTHRIE GOVAN – HONORARY PROFESSOR
We are pleased to announce that the prestigious and renowned guitarist Guthrie Govan, has agreed to be “Honorary Professor” in our Higher School of Music Jam Session.
This fact will be reflected in each academic year through of various activities that will be making a pact with the owner professor.
Congratulations to everyone!
Guthrie Govan is an English guitarist known for his work with bands like Asia (2001-2006), GPS, The Young Punx, The Fellowship and The Aristocrats. He is a renowned guitar teacher who has worked for the English magazine Guitar Techniques, Guildford Academy of Contemporary Music (Guildford’s Academy of Contemporary Music) and the Brighton Institute of Modern Music. He was also winner of the competition of the magazine Guitarist as “Guitarist of the Year”. Makes instructional videos for the company Lick Library.
He started playing guitar about age 3 and learned on his own. At age 7 he had his first electric guitar, a Gibson SG Special (with pills “P-90”).
Today it is considered one of the best modern guitarists, and is recognized for its complex tappings (see your subject Fives disk Erotic Cakes). He has mastered a lot of musical styles.
Today is in the process of recording the new solo album with Steven Wilson.
In 2011 met with 2 other musicians Brian Beller and Marco Minnemman with bass and drums respectively and formed the group The Aristocrats and have released one studio album: Boing … I’m in the Back and launched a live album called Boing! … We’ll doing live, after his two studio albums they released their third album called the Los Tres Caballeros.
1993: UK Guitarist magazine’s “Guitarist of the Year” ( “Guitarist of the Year”).
2008: Guitar Player Readers Choice Awards “Best New Talent 2007” ( “Best New Talent 2007”).
- Erotic Cakes (2006)
With The Aristocrats
- Studio albums
- Live albums
With Steven Wilson
- Window to the Soul (2006)
- Live In Japan (2006)
With Docker’s Guild
- The Mystic Technocracy – Season 1: The Age of Ignorance (2012)
- Periphery – Periphery II: This Time It’s Personal (guitar solo on “Have a Blast”) (2012)
- Various Artists – Jason Becker’s Not Dead Yet! (Live in Haarlem) (2012)
- Marco Minnemann – Symbolic Fox (2012)
- Richard Hallebeek – Richard Hallebeek Project II: Pain in the Jazz, (2013), Richie Rich Music
- Mattias Eklundh – Freak Guitar: The Smorgasbord, (2013), Favored Nations
- Nick Johnston – In a Locked Room on the Moon (2013)
- Nick Johnston – Atomic Mind – Guest Solo on track “Silver Tongued Devil”(2014)
- Lee Ritenour – 6 String Theory (2010), Fives, with Tal Wilkenfeld
· Featured videos ·